We tend to have our stir-fry's with loads of vegetables and no rice or noodles. For those on Weight Watchers this is 5 pro points per serving and the recipe serves two. Add extra points for rice or noodles. To make the dish you'll need the following:
- 200g of raw tiger or king prawns
- 1 chilli, de-seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- Fresh coriander - I used about a tablespoon once chopped, add more if you both like coriander
- Juice of half a lime
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (don't smell it before hand!!)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- stir fry vegetables of your choice - e.g. beansprouts, water chestnuts, bamboo, sweetcorn etc
To make the sauce, put the chilli, garlic, coriander, lime juice, sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce, olive oil and ginger into a mortar and crush/mix all the ingredients with a pestle. Alternatively if you don't have a mortar and pestle you can use a food processor.
Put the prawns in a bowl and add about 2 tablespoons of the sauce then leave it to marinade for a few minutes whilst you prepare your chosen vegetables.
Add the prawns and the vegetables to a wok or a pan with the remaining sauce and fry until the prawns are cooked.
In the words of Gordon...done!