- Award 15 new bloggers and tell them you have done it.
Hmmm 15 bloggers, I might struggle with that one since I'm just getting the hang of following people but here it goes. These are the blogs that I read most often (other than Karen's of course!);
The Skinny Doll - http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.com
Simply the Nest - http://www.simplythenest.com/
Domestic Sluttery - http://www.domesticsluttery.com/
Propoints, a new Adventure - http://propointsadventure.blogspot.com/
Domestic Angel of the North - http://domesticangelofthenorth.blogspot.com/
Recipe Rifle - http://reciperifle.blogspot.com/
My life and WeightWatchers - http://mylifeandww.blogspot.com/
Life according to Mrs Shilts - http://www.mrsshilts.co.uk/
A Cookbook a month - http://cookbookamonth.wordpress.com/
All that I'm eating - http://allthatimeating.blogspot.com/
21st Century Housewife - http://victoriapitkin.blogspot.com/
Jam and Clotted Cream - http://www.jamandclottedcream.co.uk/
That's 12, not bad going! Now, to think of seven things to share about myself that aren't going to bore you silly. That's going to be hard since I'm not all that interesting :-)
1) I originally come from Gateshead, Tyne and Wear but moved down to Manchester to go to University nearly 10 years ago (scary!) and haven't got round to moving back again. I will always love Newcastle and no place will ever quite match up to it in my eyes.
2) I accidentally fell into the job that I do now. Come to think of it a lot of people I know fell into HR. I work as an HR Advisor but this isn't what I want to do for the rest of my life. I would like to own a little cafe/teashop/deli with my boyfriend one day and we can work for ourselves.
3) Incase you couldn't tell from the blog, and some of the people I am nominating for the stylish blogger awards I have recently joined Weight Watchers. I was a bit sceptical at first because i have been on a few diets before and they dont really work. Plus I like my food and I don't like to feel like I'm being deprived of something. Weight Watchers is great though, it makes you look at food in a different way (like it's not ok to eat a whole Easter egg plus accompanying chocolate in one go). So far I have lost a stone (yay!) but ideally still have a stone and a half to go (boooo!)
4) I confess to watching all sorts of trashy telly programmes which probably take up half of the sky planner. Anything to do with weddings (including the big fat gypsy kind), babies, teenage pregnancy, reality tv (apart from the only way is Essex, I am not THAT bad), Glee etc, and I am there.
5) I am obsessed with True Blood and love the fact that Sookie and Bill are together in real life. I cried tears of happiness when Bill proposed to Sookie at the end of Series 2. Great script writing and can't wait for series 4 to start; I am hoping for the return of Russell Edgington!
6) I am secretly a bit of a geek when it comes to planes. I used to love watching the planes taking off and landing at the airport when I was going on holiday as a kid (at the times when they had a viewing roof in the airport) and I still fight the little kids at the airport for one of those good seats in the departure lounge where you can sit and watch the planes out of the window. I am particular obsessed with Virgin Atlantic planes and have always wanted to be a Virgin Atlantic air hostess (although I hate take off so that was that idea out of the window). Now I get to follow the adventures of my cousin who recently started as an air hostess with them and jets all over the world (jealous!). Richard Branson is also a legend!
7) When I was younger I used to be a massive fan of the Newcastle United football player, Robert Lee. When we moved into a new house, the lady who was showing us round said that a Newcastle United football player next door and asked me who my favourite player was. As it turns out, it was Robert Lee who was living next door! I bumped into him once getting an ice cream (he was behind me in the queue) , he said hello and asked how I was. I couldn't speak to him, I just stared at him open mouthed, then got all embarrassed and ran back in the house. Alan Shearer was his best friend and used to be round his house all the time. Me and my friend once kicked a ball into his back garden so we had an excuse to go round to see him and the legend that was Shearer. Unfortunately Robert Lee's wife answered the door so I never did get to see him