Saturday 22 January 2011

Naaachooooooooo!!!! (or Nachos to everyone else)

Sometimes on a Friday or Saturday night when I've had a hard week at work and I want to sit down and relax with a film I rustle up these nachos for tea.  They aren't all that healthy since they are covered in cheese but a little plate is enough to fill me and they are ready in no time!  It's great film food because you can eat the nachos with your hands.  The one's below are made with a chicken topping but you can swap the chicken for a meat or veg of your choice.

Here's what I used:
  • 1 pack of mini chicken fillets, diced (1 pack is enough for 2 people)
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 red pepper, cut into small pieces
  • Cheese (I was lazy and used a pack of already grated Cheddar and mozzarella)
  • 1/2 packet fajita seasoning (I use Old El Paso BBQ fajita seasoning)
  • Tortilla Chips (I like to use Doritos sizzling fajita or Asda's own BBQ flavour tortilla chips for a bit of a twist)
  • Various dips to serve - salsa, guacamole, onion and garlic, sour cream whatever you want really!
1) First fry the chicken, onions and pepper in a pan until the chicken is cooked and the onions have softened.  Once cooked, add the fajita seasoning and a tablespoon of water to the pan.  Stir together so that everything is covered in the seasoning.  Put to one side


2) Put a layer of tortilla chips onto a plate and sprinkle with cheese.  Place under a medium grill until the cheese has melted - this doesn't take long so keep an eye on it!

3) Once the cheese is melted remove the plate from under the grill.  Add another layer of tortilla chips then spoon the chicken/onion/pepper on top of these.  Add more cheese and place under the grill again until the cheese has melted.


4) Remove from grill and serve.  Try adding slices of tomato or some jalapeno peppers to the nachos or dollop a little bit of dip around the plate. 

1 comment:

  1. Why have I never thought of putting a double tortilla layer in nachos? That cleverly solves the problem of tortillas without any topping on! I'm using that idea next time I make them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...